The project must include:
- a summary of the socio-economic and geographical characteristics of the selected city,
For example, find out: what important businesses are located in the city, what is the age structure of the population, what are the geographical location of the city.
- an analysis of the current state of transport and mobility within the city (infrastructure, services, conditions, strategic materials, transport user behaviour, etc.),
Find out, for example: whether the city has created a Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan, what are the conditions for parking in the city, what are the conditions for cyclists in the city, what are the conditions for transport services in the city, whether major investments are planned and how they will be financed.
- identification of the problem that will be the main theme of the project (e.g. infrastructure problem, planning problem, service problem),
Find out, for example: whether there is congestion in the city, whether public transport is easily accessible, whether some parts of the city are not overloaded with noise, whether the safety of transport users is not endangered in some places.
- a practical and detailed proposal to eliminate the problem or reduce its impact,
For example: whether a solution to the problem is already planned, how to improve the planned solution, whether a solution needs to be created, who would implement the solution, how it would be financed, in what steps it would be implemented.
- an assessment of the benefits and negatives of the proposed solution.
For example: what will be the environmental impacts of the solution, what will be the human health impacts of the solution, what will be the economic impacts on business in the city, what will be the impacts on transport accessibility, how will the city respond to the solution and how could it be communicated to transport users.
Students will prepare a project presentation and a text handout (annotated summary of the presentation). The written output must be supplemented by citations of the used sources.
Use only credible sources!
Basic information about the project description can also be found in the appendix in the form of an audio recording.