This lesson focuses on the question: What is meant by thinking about pairwise comparison and multi criteria decision making? What is meant using of Analytic Hierarchy Process algorithm?
Study the attached video below and then answer the following questions:
What does mean using of Saaty’s Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) in multi criteria decision making process?
What is a structure and features of Saaty’s matrix?
Is there a relationship between the consistency of Saaty matrix and its correct setting?
Can you find a video which deals with an example of application of AHP in public available sources?
The introductory video (by Manoj Mathew; 2018; 09:49) explains you to the AHP method.
After watching this video, you will be able to:
- create the 3-level hierarchical structure of AHP
- create a pairwise comparison matrix (Saaty matrix)
- use the scale of relative importance from 1 to 9
- calculate the criteria weights and normalized criteria weights
- calculated the consistency ratio (CR) as a qualitative parameter of the correct definition of the Saaty matrix
- calculate the choosing of the best alternative.