Why it is so important to understand what sustainability means? After reading this part you will know the meaning of sustainability and the impact to environment which constructions sector brings today
A work plan is an outline of a set of goals and processes by which a team and/or person can accomplish those goals, and offering a better understanding of the scope of the project. Work plans help a team and/or person stay organized while working on projects. Through work plans, you break down a process into small, achievable tasks and identify the things you want to accomplish (source: https://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Work-Plan)
Green building, also known as sustainable building, refers to the design, construction, and operation of buildings that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout their entire lifecycle.
In this part you will find out, that:
1. Passive solar design involves using the sun's energy to heat and cool living spaces without mechanical devices. This is achieved through the use of proper orientation, insulation, windows, and thermal mass.
2. Passive cooling reduces heat in a building through natural processes such as ventilation, shading, and radiant barriers.
3. Passive solar windows are designed to increase energy efficiency by minimizing heat loss and gain.
4. The roof of a passive solar building is crucial in maximizing solar gain and energy efficiency.
5. Photovoltaic devices convert solar radiation into electricity and are a popular form of renewable energy. Solar energy is a clean and renewable energy source that generates electricity from sunlight.
6. There are three types of solar power systems: on-grid, off-grid, and hybrid. Proper mounting systems for solar panels are necessary for correct installation and positioning in any solar energy system.